- An ER III nurse possesses the same qualities as a regular ER nurse except has the capabilities of providing care within Level III Trauma Centers.
- A Level III Trauma Center has demonstrated an ability to provide prompt assessment, resuscitation, surgery, intensive care and stabilization of injured patients and emergency operations.
- Elements of Level III Trauma Centers Include (but are not limited to):
- 24-hour immediate coverage by emergency medicine physicians and the prompt availability of general surgeons and anesthesiologists.
- Incorporating a comprehensive quality assessment program
- Developing transfer agreements for patients requiring more comprehensive care at a Level I or Level II Trauma Center.
- Providing back-up care for rural and community hospitals.
- Offering continued education of the nursing and allied health personnel or the trauma team.
- Involved with prevention efforts and must have an active outreach program for its referring communities.
Opening Jobs and Assignments
If you want to request more information on your search for travel nursing jobs, let us know! Fill out the form above.