- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) Nurses provide critical care to patients with potentially life-threatening heart conditions.
- Highly specialized unit, may be responsible for heart-transplant patients.
- They run IV’s, observe vital signs, operate heart monitors. Other duties include counseling patients with their post-op nutrition, diet, exercise, and home-care after heart surgery.
- Work conditions are intense—CVICU RNs must be on their toes as ICU patients require constant surveillance, medication, and medical interventions.
- Additional certificates for CVICU RNs would be in CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), BCLS (basic cardiac life support), or ACLS (advanced cardiac life support).
Opening Jobs and Assignments
If you want to request more information on your search for travel nursing jobs, let us know! Fill out the form above.